Community Forums

Maya Training

+ Reply to Thread

Intro to Maya 2013 lesson 28: Building Scoops on the side tutorial HELP

This lesson calls for us to extrude a polygon, and then go to smooth preview mode to shape it to fit our reference, however when I push 3 with the shape selected it goes from having 6 faces to like 11. I've followed the instructions to an obnoxious T. I've tried deleting all of the extra edges, but even once I get it looking somewhat normal it doesn't reshape well. I'm a newbie to modeling in general, so just in case I'm not vocalizing the problem right I'll attach two screenshots one of the regular polygon (with the 1 button pressed) and the other how the same polygon looks when I press 3. Thanks in advance for the helpScreen shot 2012-12-18 at 1.29.50 AM.jpgScreen shot 2012-12-18 at 1.29.07 AM.jpg

DT Staff

Re: Intro to Maya 2013 lesson 28: Building Scoops on the side tutorial HELP

Hello jimmyFriday! Typically, this type of problem is caused by accidental extrusions that have been applied to the geometry. Here is a quick video that should help illustrate the problem, and provide you with the solution you need.

Kyle

Thank you all for supporting Digital-Tutors.

Re: Intro to Maya 2013 lesson 28: Building Scoops on the side tutorial HELP

I'm SO amazed at such a quick response of this caliber. Thanks Kyle, rebuilt it, being attentive this time to my extrusions and its perfect!!