Community Forums

Maya Training

+ Reply to Thread

'Infiltrator' Production Pipeline Volume 6: Rendering

Why my Ao passes are looking like this?
    some body help me please......I am really frustrating.....I wanna punch my screen.....
    Last edited by Waynevon; 06-13-2012 at 11:00 PM.

DT Staff

Re: 'Infiltrator' Production Pipeline Volume 6: Rendering

Hi Waynevon,
    I'm not sure exactly what is happening here, but it seems Autodesk may have changed something in the newer versions of Maya.

I can confirm that opening the 'lesson_20_end.ma' file from this course, and rendering in Maya 2013 produces results that are identical to what you describe in your post above.

However, opening the exact same scene file in Maya 2011 (which is the same version we used to create this training) produces rendered AO results that look completely normal.

I'll continue to investigate this problem, and hopefully I'll have some better news for you...
    Kyle

Thank you all for supporting Digital-Tutors.

DT Staff

Hi Waynevon,
    It seems that this problem is due to the fact that render layer Contribution Maps created in Maya 2011 have problems when opened in newer version of Maya. Here's a quick video that we created to help you work around this problem:

Good luck, hope this helps
    Kyle

Thank you all for supporting Digital-Tutors.

Hi! I'm using Maya 2014 and I ran into the same problem with the white plane showing through in the wall shadow pass. Though it wasn't for the same reason since I had done everything in a new version from the start, and it didn't appear until the very end of the course.

After many hours I figured out it was the matte pass in the contribution layer containing only the infiltrator that caused it. So by removing every pass in that contribution layer except the matte everything worked as it should.

Thought I'd share to spare someone the pain.