Contest theme: Children's Storybook Character
This is a very special contest in that the top THREE winning entries will receive an actual 3D sculpture of their work!
- Create your interpretation of any childrens' storybook character, that is, it has to be an original design and not based on an existing illustration.
- The model's bounding box must be within 15 x 15 x 15 cm or 5.9 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches.
* Please follow the Design Guide provided by i.materialise to make sure your model fits the requirements.
- Regularly post WIP screenshots on your projects thread.
- Post your final render in the Final Submissions thread. The winners will be informed via PM and will have to send their scene file to i.materialise for the 3D printing. i.materialise uses STL files (standard files for 3D printing), but they also accept all the following files as well: 3ds, igs, model, mxp, obj, wrl, 3dm, skp and dae.
- Zbrush export process is stated in the following link:
Duration: March 25, 2011 - May 1st, 2012 - 3:30 AM GMT
Who can enter: Novice to advanced artists.
* DT administrators and moderators can create this project but are not eligible to compete for the prizes.
Software: Any taught by Digital Tutors. Permission of moderator is required for any other software use.
1. Create a thread under April 2012 Work in Progress forum for with the title of your project, i.e. April2012: project title.
2. Specify your user level with the application of choice.
3. The project has to be created within the time frame of the contest. Previously created projects will be disqualified. Ask permission from the moderator for use of older models for props/supporting objects.
4. Use of stock models and plagiarism is completely forbidden, and will cause in disqualification from the contest.
5. Gore and vulgarity is not allowed in projects, DT is a family friendly site. Negative comments and foul language will be removed.
6. Post your final entry in the Final Submissions forum. Only works in this forum will be judged.
The three winners of the April's contest will be announced on May 14th, 2012. They will be notified via PM and will have one week or 7 days to respond, otherwise a runner-up will be chosen. The winners will receive a 3D model of their characters. In addition to this, the winners will be included in the next Digital-Tutors Newsletter. Subscription to the newsletter can be done via your DT user ID options.
Judges: DT administration, staff, and moderators.
Judging is based upon the following criteria:
* Character originality.
* Participant's ability to take in constructive criticism from other members and also share his/her techniques.
Inspiration: i.materialise Gallery