Community Forums

Maya Training

+ Reply to Thread

scaling maya muscles?

Hi, just wondering how to set up a rig so you can scale maya muscles. Ive made my custom rig which also includes maya muscles and all the components are stored in the character node. I know you can scale the rig by having a scale constraint on the global move group but how would you set it up so the maya muscles also scale and keep there size relative to the rig?

Cheers

DT Staff

Re: scaling maya muscles?

Hello bogyb! Here's a video on how you can attach your muscles to the global control to scale them along with your rig:

Here's a link to the Introduction to Maya Muscle course that was referenced in the video.

Wow, thank you so much this has helped me so much and im amazed that you made a video and replied so quickly, thanks for taking the time to help

DT Staff

I'm glad to hear it helped! Thanks for the kind words!

DT Moderator

Hey dan and bogyb,
    did you ever try to scale that rig with a bound skin?
    Ive followed your instructions, but although the muscle shape looks good, when I scale down my rig,the influenced skin gets all creased..

http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/s...s-with-the-rig
    Is there a solution of fixing that?
    I alread was about to give up because im facing this problem since about 2 or 3 months now and noone seems to know about it. But then I saw this thread here and thought that this could be the solution - but it didnt work either since it was the same that Ive tried before
    OR, is this a bug? please help me out with this really complicated problem