Community Forums

3ds Max Training

+ Reply to Thread

Problems with rendering Lens Effect - Glow, from one training from DT!!

Hello, Im having some troubles to render the final image teached on the MATERIAL CREATION WORKFLOWS IN 3DS MAX, more specifically in the lesson ADDING GLOW TO THE SCENE.

After I set my lens effect - glow, when I render it, it gives me the following error messages:

" MSG 0.0 error: "Lens Effects" effect expected unsupported GBuffer channel "transparency"
    MSG 0.0 error: bitmap expected unsupported GBuffer channel "transparency"
    MSG 0.0 error: "Lens Effects" effect expected unsupported GBuffer channel "transparency"
    MSG 0.0 error: "Lens Effects" effect expected unsupported GBuffer channel "transparency"
    ".

Does anyone have any suggestion to where my problem is?!

Thank you,
    Henrique

Re: Problems with rendering Lens Effect - Glow, from one training from DT!!

Hi,
    I am getting the same problem.

Did you find any solution to solve this problem?

Thanks,
    Siddhant

DT Staff

Hi guys! That's actually a normal error as the glow lens effect wasn't designed to work with mental ray. Here's a quick video on how you can disable that error. Hope it helps!

Here's a link to the Material Creation Workflows in 3ds Max course that was referenced in the video.

I had this same error and I'm wondering is it "safe" to use this effect with mental ray? Just disabling the warning message seems to be a little curious way to solve this in my opinion.