PDA

View Full Version : How do I export an animation?

ariyamanesh
10-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Hello,

I made a short animation in maya and wonder how in Zeus name I can export/save the movie in Quicktime? Is there anyone who can tell me that? And how do I render it like a pro?!!!

I use Maya 6.5 and have Pixars Renderman.

Thanx

laxman
10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
you need to render the animation as image frames. Basically pictures. Then you need to use software like adobe after effects ti import all the images as a movie clip. Then you export that to whatever movie format you want. Search the forums and tutorials, theres plenty of info on this her.

Jak_Carver
10-27-2006, 09:57 PM
If your looking for professional compositing, you're gonna need 2 things:

Professional skills at compositing and a professional codec.

The first attribute I cant help you with obviously, but for the second, I recommend you look into Sorenson Pro.

ariyamanesh
10-28-2006, 08:54 AM
you need to render the animation as image frames. Basically pictures. Then you need to use software like adobe after effects ti import all the images as a movie clip. Then you export that to whatever movie format you want. Search the forums and tutorials, theres plenty of info on this her.
'

Thanks Laxman.

I cant believe that its not possible with Maya itself. But I will purchase adobe after effects.

Thanks again.

ariyamanesh
10-28-2006, 08:56 AM
If your looking for professional compositing, you're gonna need 2 things:

Professional skills at compositing and a professional codec.

The first attribute I cant help you with obviously, but for the second, I recommend you look into Sorenson Pro.

Hey Carver,

Thanks for the info.

digitalmcm
10-28-2006, 09:21 PM
If you need to export the animation is very simple.

you need to render a sequense of images. you can save this as targa, jpg or whatever you like. my suggestion is save the render as Maya (IFF ).
Go to Render settings
select Common Tab
change the frame/animation/ext from single to name.#.ext
add frame o to start frame
and any frame at end frame

in the prefix input put name of the animation.
then go to
rendering option
select batch render.

when you finish import the secuense of the file to After effects and export the movie as what ever you want
hope this help you

if not get a digital tutors tutorial they are good

ariyamanesh
11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
If you need to export the animation is very simple.

you need to render a sequense of images. you can save this as targa, jpg or whatever you like. my suggestion is save the render as Maya (IFF ).
Go to Render settings
select Common Tab
change the frame/animation/ext from single to name.#.ext
add frame o to start frame
and any frame at end frame

in the prefix input put name of the animation.
then go to
rendering option
select batch render.

when you finish import the secuense of the file to After effects and export the movie as what ever you want
hope this help you

if not get a digital tutors tutorial they are good

Hi,

This is wondefullllllll, thanks. I owe you one!

danlefeb
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
I cant believe that its not possible with Maya itself.

You have to remember that Maya isn't meant to be the final program to touch your animation. It's not meant to be an editing or compositing program. You can render out as a QuickTime or AVI out of Maya if you have to, but you're not going to get near the quality of results that a program like After Effects will give you. Its simply not what Maya is intended for...